Designed by GM Alexander Kalinin to teach students strategy and positional play, STRATEGY 2.0 is a significantly expanded version of the original Strategy, containing not only more exercises but also many new lessons not present in the first edition. This chess program presents 1800 instructive positions with 18 most important strategic themes such as Advantage in development, Advantage in space, Attack on the king, Attack on the queenside, Weak squares, Pawn structure, Open files and diagonals, Central squares, Position of pieces, Exchange, Positional sacrifice, Prophylaxis, Isolated queen's pawn, Hanging pawns, Pawn pair of c3+d4 on semi-open files, the rule of two weaknesses, Planning, Defense and Counterattack.
- 250 examples for self-study illustrating the lessons presented
- 1100 selected exercises for you to solve
- 450 typical positions to train and play against Crafty or other supported external programs
- Several languages supported: English, French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish
No additional software required.
- Program files: 23.3 Mb
- The documentation in MS Word format - 0.9 Mb
IBM-compatible PC, 64 Mb RAM, Hard Disk 50 Mb of free disk space, Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista. No additional software required.